A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How We Spent the Blizzard

I hope those of you in the Northeast made it through the storm safely.  

We stayed in our pj's and watched several movies: For the Love of the Game, Clue, The Expendables 1, and the remake of the A-team.  You might be able to deduct that my husband picked out the first movie and the kids picked out the other three.  I was content, I was knitting.
1.  Cup Cake Roll Neck Pullover: My little friend turns 4 next month and I'm knitting this for her birthday.  I'm going to use the novelty yarn from her hat/scarf set to look like sprinkles on the cup cake.  This intarsia sweater is part of a class at Westport Yarns with other Roo Designs. I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash (worsted weight, 100% superwash wool, 220 yards).
2. Selkie:  (Part of the Westport Yarns Knit-a-long.)  Blizzards are great for massive knitting.  I finished Selkie this week.  I did try it on again and decided to stop increasing at all for the last couple of inches. I'm happy with how it came out.
I don't know about you, I save every last yard of yarn.  Along the way, while knitting Selkie, I came to a knot near the end of a ball.  I saved it and started a new skein.  When I got within 20 stitches of finishing my bind-off, I ran out of yarn.  I DID NOT want to start a new skein for that little bit. 



Then I remember that little bit of yarn I saved. It was just enough to finish the bind off and sew the little bit of the sleeves.  That pleased me.  Just saying.



3. Greenwillow Cowl.   Frogging it.  The stitch pattern just isn't showing up in this dark color.  Love the yarn and love the pattern, just not together.

4. My hibernating project is also a design project.  Now it's getting embarassing.

Watching Tucker's first foray into 15" of snow was delightful.

Boris, the wise old man, took advantage of the puppies playing in the snow and hogged all the toys.


When Tucker came inside, he was a little bummed by this.  (Look at his legs, he looks like he is wearing white boots!)

Puppies who play in the snow for hours sleep well.


No comments: