A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Begin Again


I have 2100 yards of Malabrigo Rios (Worsted: 100% Merino, 210 yards) in Purple Mystery.  I've been searching for a pattern to knit with it now that holiday knitting is completed.


I tried Chimney Fire and it just wasn't doing the yarn or the pattern any justice. I love the pattern, I'll just put it on hold for a more suitable yarn.


 The sweater is worked from the top down.  
I photographed it on a black surface


and a white surface.  
The cables totally get lost in the tonality of the yarn.


 by babyfishknits Flickr

I'm leaning toward Summer Solstice for the Rios. Better to use a simpler garment with some subtle design elements to show off the yarn.

I was feeling frustrated and stymied. After months of knitting for other people I desperately want to knit a sweater for myself.  Enough of this self-less knitting.

        © Plymouth Yarn Design Studio

 I turned to my stash and found yarn for a super-bulky jacket


knit in Plymouth Deaire (Super Bulky: 100% Merino, 109 yards). I worked the sleeves at the same time and have moved onto the body which is knit in one piece to the armholes.  Minimal finishing - works for me!


Someone thinks he's a lap dog.  He's watching the snow out the window.  If you look very closely, you can see Harry underneath him.


Busted!  A skein of yarn rolled onto the floor.

No comments: