A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Perfect Fit!

CustomFit has many different design choices.

I chose to use the custom sweater wizard.  First I knit two generous swatches with my yarn, Malabrigo Rios (Worsted: 100% Merino, 210 yards).  When I say generous, I mean 40 stitches and 40 rows. Since my yarn was a superwash, I washed by swatch and let it dry.  Then I decided with swatch was the fabric (feel/look) I wanted for my sweater.


My design choices were: Cardigan, mid-hip length, long sleeves, deep v-neck, 2" twisted k1, p1 ribbing, and average fit.  There are 3 fit categories to choose from: close, average, relaxed. We plugged my measurements, swatch details, and design choices and out came a terrific pattern.  The directions were completely clear.

I'm no fan of finishing a sweater.  However, this sweater was a breeze to finish.  Since the number of rows to knit were exactly the same in each piece, there was no cajoling it into submission to make it line up.
I am thrilled with how my sweater fits.  You know how everyone has their own personal fit issue?  Mine is narrow shoulders and a biggish bust.  If I fit the shoulders, the bust is tight.  If I fit the bust, I get shoulder wings.  The shoulder on this sweater fits me better than commercial clothing!

I've actually cast on for my next CustomFit sweater.


No comments: