A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Gift Report

I am happy to report that I finished my gifts with a day to spare. I even got them all wrapped with the exception of Joe's hat which was a spontaneous gift.


A. loved her hat and cowl set. It was exactly what she wanted. She wore them for the rest of the evening, always a good sign. The pattern is Super Cupcake and the yarn is Plymouth Select Superwash Merino (Worsted: 100% Merino, 218 yards). I would definitely make this again. It went quickly and I really like the yarn.


I knit Joe pair of socks out of Berroco Comfort Worsted (Worsted: 50% Nylon, 50% Acrylic, 210 yards). He liked the color combination: grey with black heel/toe.  He was gracious about the hat, but felt it was a bit too tight.  Ah well, best laid plans.  I'll take it off his hands. I LOVE this yarn (which I've since learned is being discontinued) Swans Island Organic Washable Aran (Aran: 100% Merino, 100 yards).  Both the socks and hat are personal patterns.  If you're interested in testing the hat, send me a comment.


Thing #2 wanted unadorned dorm socks with very specific fit instructions.  I modified Up North Slippers. Considering the source and the use, I used Loops & Thread yarn (Super Bulky: 50% Wool, 50% Acrylic, 90 yards).  These socks are going to get beaten up (hopefully).  I bought soles to sew on the soles.  Here's hoping I'll actually sew them on.



I made golf club covers for my daughter's boyfriend.  Also out of Berroco Comfort Worsted (Worsted: 50% Nylon, 50% Acrylic, 210 yards).

 

Thing #1 originally didn't want anything.  Then she saw a picture of a scarf she wanted me to make.


I think I did a pretty decent job of replicating it.  She was pleased. 

All in all my gift knitting was well received and that makes me happy. 

No comments: