A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Monday, June 15, 2015

Say Hello to my Little Friend


The only teddy bear toy I ever knit came out cute, but was a huge pain to knit.  Two ears, two arms, two legs, a nose, the body. So many bits and pieces.  Then stuffing and sewing them all on, and evenly? Annoying. Cute bear though.


Then I became aware of Otto the Polar Bear. Otto is knit all in one piece, stuffed as you knit, no seams. I knit these two little Otto bears for my friend's children. The one on the left was knit in Berroco Comfort (Worsted: 50% Nylon, 50% Acrylic, 210 yards).


The rainbow bear was knit with Noro Matsuri (DK: 87% Cotton, 13% Wool, 159 yards). At the shop today, one of my co-workers taught me how to do the satin stitch.  She suggested eyelashes.  It looks like she's got false eyelashes. I like it though, totally adds character. Each bear took less than one skein.


And this picture makes it all worth while.  It doesn't get any better than this.


I remembered the head band I knit while taking a class with Mary Jane Mucklestone.  It made a perfect sash for Daisy (now named).

I don't often knit for others.  Having something I knit so clearly loved and appreciated right away is a rewarding, wonderful feeling. Almost makes me want to make more things for other people.  Almost. At least for this little girl.

No comments: