A virtual gathering of people sharing their knitting, books, thoughts, and random threads of conversation!

Live ~ Laugh ~ Knit

Friday, October 2, 2015

Inspiration

Trammi came in excited about a poncho she saw on a woman walking much further ahead of her. She sketched it for me and we are either going to collaborate on a design or find a pattern that is close enough.  She only saw it from a distance.  Next time she will (hopefully) approach the person.  I've been known to do this on more than one occasion.  People generally don't mind and take it as a compliment. Sometimes they feel as if I'm stalking them.  Which in a sense I am but only in the name of fashion/design.

She worked on her Essence pullover.  Which reminds me that I have to start my daughter's for the holidays. Aly if you're reading this, you didn't see that.


As an aside, yesterday I was much colder than I dressed for and put on the Essence pullover I knit for the shop. I was surprised that I liked the tan color on me.  I never buy/wear this color. Look at that, I took a foot out of the purple box.

There's a pattern, Outline, that has inspired her 

 

and she wanted to discuss colors. It's a very versatile pattern. She happened to see me in town one day and we had a preliminary conversation. It all started with the variegated yarn above.  Then she picked up the light green.


We threw a few others into the proverbial ring during class.  You can see the beginnings of the wrap in the middle.  She ended up getting the four on the right.  We have ulterior motives for the leftovers of those yarns.  They will be the poncho.

Cornelia is knitting at warp speed with the super bulky Rasta (Super Bulky: 100% Merino, 90 yards).

The fringes for her granddaughter's poncho took the better part of two hours during Jeopardy.

She's halfway done with the second front of her Rasta Customfit vest.  Next week it will be off to the finisher.

Allison has set the goal of finishing her Customfit cardigan within two weeks.  She cast on for Burrow and learned the garter tab cast on. It was the first time she had been faced with directions for the Garter Tab. It sounds harder than it is. Here's a link if you're interested.


No comments: